A Little Nightshade/Heat N Bond Tutorial

I have to admit one of my favorite designers is Tula Pink! I am working on a present for someone special!

When I saw "Nightshade" I had to have some for my little pirate girl. It is hard for me to picture my children as adults. I always see that little person who played in the wild flowers and danced as a sugar plum fairy. Am I the only one who sees their children this way?

How to use Heat N Bond Lite

First cut out the design you want to appliqué, with at least an inch on all sides in a square.

Cut out a square of Heat N Bond Lite 1/2 inch smaller than the fabric square.

Lay the Heat N Bond bumpy side up on an ironing surface and put the design right side up on top of it.

Make sure your design is completely covered underneath by the Heat N Bond, and no Heat N Bond is sticking out from under the fabric.

Using a hot iron with the steam turned OFF to press the two together. Slowly and with even pressure. I start from the center and pick my iron up to move it instead of sliding it. Heat N Bond is like a glue when you heat it, DO NOT PUT YOUR IRON ON IT. Makes a big mess, I know, trust me.

Use appliqué scissors or any small sharp scissors and cut out the design.

Peel off the backing paper and place on your backing fabric, make sure you have it where you want it before ironing. Once ironed it cannot be removed.

Iron to adhere to the back fabric.

Then using a sewing machine appliqué stitch to sew around the design. Your sewing manual should have the directions.

You can buy Heat N Bond Lite at Jo-Ann fabric and craft stores

This is the first time I have ever written out a tutorial. So, any advice is welcome. Thank you, I hope you will find this useful. Lisa

This is just the way I used this product which does come with instruction on useage.

Comments

  1. Does it have any issues with peeling after you've bonded it? or is it necessary to sew it down afterwards? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with Nightshade!! Way fun!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial, Lisa! I haven't used a boding material in forever! I actualy forgot about it!
    Now what will you do with this appliqued piece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you I LOVE this fabric...a close second for me is the ghastlies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop