First Small Quilt

Some call them mini quilts, mug rugs, and small quilts. I call them works of art. This little mini was created by Laura Ann for the Quilting Gallery Blog Hop.

No, it did not come with the green fabric or frame. When I saw it in all it's loveliness, I knew it had to hang on the wall. It is just to cute to get dirty, so in a frame it went.

She also sent me dot fabric (so love it) and a sewinista button (love this too)! So lets see I collect fabric, buttons, and now individualized small works of art. Sounds good to me! I love handmade! Thanks again Laura Ann @ The Fuzzy Hat Quilter for taking the time to make this beauty as a giveaway!

So, my husband comes in and see this little quilt and says to me "since when is quilting cheap"? No matter the cost quilting has helped me through some difficult times in my life. I think I will keep sewing for a very long time. I do have a stack of projects I need to get to soon. Hopefully my body will be agreeable, if not the next week never give up.

What do you do with items you win from blog hops?

Thanks for stopping by and checking out In The Boon Docks. Lisa

Comments

  1. That is cute, what a great idea for framing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you framed that! It is a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop