Modern Scrappy Bits Swap

This is why I love participating in Flickr Swap Groups. I received a package in the mail the other day from the secret partner who got my name this round. There are thousands of swap groups going on at the Flickr site always needing people to join. Modern Scrappy Bits is in round 2 and I am hoping there will be a round 3! Danielle was responsible for sending me one fat quarter of scraps and a handmade item of her choice and she made me this beautiful mini quilt. So happy with her handmade, she is very talented. Thank you so much Danielle!

This is the backing fabric! Sorry, don't know the name of it but it is really pretty!

Modern scraps - oh how I love all these little pieces! Danielle sent me a wide range of scraps and definitely more than a fat quarter! Yippee fun! I like this so much because some I may not have ever boughten for myself but once I see them, I love them. On the other side, I might have it on my list of wanting at end of season, when they go on sale, and decide I don't really like it. All that happens then is it goes in a bag for the next modern scrap swap for my next partner. But I love all of these! Favorite out of these are the bicycles, they are just so darn cute!

This is to show you I am working on something and of course my faithful companion George! I am using a layer cake (10" squares) of "Daisy Cottage" and the large "twister" ruler to make a baby quilt for a carseat. I am really finding it much easier for me to work with the larger ruler. I love the "lil twister" ruler but nicked myself several times the last time I used it. I like using different kinds of rulers to create new designs. I got three rows cut out and sewn together today and will try to get the rest done tomorrow. Maybe in time to tell you the winner of the Traveling Stash Box which will leave WV on Monday! You can still sign up here!, it was really fun! I will try to win again, but it took almost a year to get this one.

Thank you for stopping at "In The Boon Docks" to share my fun! Lisa

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa..that quilt is just darling! Love all those bright colors. Question for you, I was just on Flicker last night looking for swaps and didnt come across any..how do you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little mini quilt! And the scraps- the scissors are really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to ask the same question as Julianne, how do you find the swaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! I have been wanting to make a " love" quilt for a long time. Lucky you ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop