Week 2 - FW1930s



Hello Everyone! What a week, two new blocks and so many beautiful blocks in all kinds of fabric combinations that you can view if you join the Facebook Group. There will be (4) weeks over the next year when I will be a Blogger of the Week.

Week Two Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along Link Up Party - GnomeAngel and I am late but I am here today. This week tutorials and From Marti Michell Quilting Blog: The Betty Block in the Farmer's Wife 1930s Sew-along, From Marti Michell Quilting Blog: Caroline Block, Farmer's Wife 1930s Sew-along conversion charts were released for blocks 14 & 20! I have linked to each Bloggers Farmer's Wife post so if you need the tutorials later they will be here.

The Bloggers for Week 2:

Alyce of Caroline - Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt | Blossom Heart Quilts

Jess of Elven Garden Quilts: Block #20 Caroline Tutorial - Farmer's Wife Sew Along

Sedef of Down Grapevine Lane: Block 20 Caroline Tutorial - Farmer's Wife QAL

Angie of Betty is Block 14 of Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt - GnomeAngel

I used the Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) technique this week on all my blocks included in the book. I do not have much experience with FPP but I am learning a lot about placement! My fabrics are all from RJR Fabrics! The solids are Cotton Supreme Solids and prints are from Cotton and Steel! I only piece with Aurifil 50 wt. thread.


Block 14 Betty

 

Block 20 Caroline

 

I am linking up at Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along Link Up Party - GnomeAngel. Have a great week! Hope you stop by the linky and check out all the different blocks! Lisa

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White