Week One - Farmer's Wife 1930s Sew Along

 

Hello Everyone! This week was a busy one full of excitement and fun for all of us participating in the sew along. So many beautiful blocks in all kinds of fabric combinations you can view if you join the Facebook Group. Print combinations I never would have thought could go together look great. A benefit of a sew along with over 3,000 people! On Saturday, of each week I am going to try my best and do a post for the link up party to show you my blocks for the last week. There will be (4) weeks over the next year when I will be a Blogger of the Week.

Week One Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along Link Up Party - GnomeAngel is on Saturday in the USA just for those of you waiting until Sunday, which will be Monday in Australia. This week tutorials and From Marti Michell Quilting Blog: Ready, Set, Sew! Becky and Bonnie conversion charts were released for Block 12 - Becky, Block 16 - Bonnie, and Block 8 - Aunt.

The Bloggers for Week 1:

Lucy of Charm About You: quilt for the soul ~ Becky and Bonnie ~ Farmer’s Wife 1930’s Sampler Quilt Sew-Along

Melissa of Kick off to the Farmer's Wife 1930's Sew Along! - Oh, how sweet!

Jodi of Tales of Cloth: Farmer's Wife QAL - Aunt

Angie of Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Block Tutorials - GnomeAngel!

 

I used the Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) technique this week on all my blocks included in the book. I do not have much experience with FPP. I will post a lessons learned tomorrow! My fabrics are all from RJR Fabrics! The solids are Cotton Supreme Solids! I only piece with Aurifil 50 wt. thread.

Block 12 - Becky

Block 16 - Bonnie

Block 8 - Aunt

 

I really enjoyed making these cute blocks and they were not difficult to make. Hope to see you next week! Thanks for stopping by! Lisa

Please pop over and enter: In The Boon Docks: What Shade R U? Giveaway

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. I finally have everything to get started so hopefully I'll be jumping in to join the fun. Your blocks look great! I was having a hard time figuring out which blocks to make first, but your posts make it easy to see what blocks are being made each week...thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop