Retreat Bag 2.0





I love Santa Fe by Sara Watts as soon as I saw it in the Culcita box I knew I wanted something special.  My husbands birthday was coming up so I decided on a medicine pouch! It had to be big and different!

I saw a post on IG for the Internal Wire Frames for the Retreat Bag 2.0 by Emmaline Bags it said the pattern was free. I am sorry I don’t remember the shops name.  The frames for the large where $4.00 so I bought 4. I figured if it proved to hard I’d sell the rest. But if I liked the pattern I had them on hand to make more! Do you ever do that? Sometimes I end up with a bunch of junk I will never use.  But not this time! He loves the bag!  It is big and roomy!


It has two pockets.

 Problems for me 

Never sewn a zipper on the outside of a bag before. So, I searched on YouTube and found a video tutorial on sewing the bag by Birdcage and Thread. She does a great job explaining everything you need to do to make the bag.




The hardware intimidated me! How in Heaven was I going to sew bars into the bag? It turned out to be very easy!  You just unpick a small seam and slide them in!



All in all this is a great big bag! They also have a smaller size and they are both on the same pattern.  Here is a link to download the pattern free! 

The Retreat Bag 2.0

I am not associated with any of the products in this post! I really love this bag! So try it! I looked up a place that sells the frames!

Style B Frame $4.75

Have a great week! Lisa

Comments

  1. I've been making bags like this with zippers. I've never seen one with the hardware. That is very neat! Especially for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool... I have never made any bags with hardware like that, well done for working it out! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop