Memory Pillows

Memory Pillows - Part 1

When a friend asked if I could make a couple pillows out of her Grandmother’s shirts for her Mom I said yes!  I have never done this before but I thought I would give it a try. There is a woman on Instagram who makes gorgeous bags out of loved ones leather coats! @piprobins - Gillian Hyde


I began by deconstructing the shirts.  Trying to get the most usable material as possible!

Shirt 1 - a kind of woven stretch material 



Shirt 2 - denim stretch

Anything can be useful as long as it is not frayed (worn out)! Including these buttons and the front!  I am going to use these as the closure on the back!


I was looking for a pattern and remembered a heart pillow I made years ago.  I will post a link to it in part 2.  I don’t remember what I did with the pattern so I looked at the pilllow and made it up!


So far this is what I have!  The pink fabric I starched and starched so it didn’t stretch to bad as I sewed, and it worked pretty well!  

This is as far as I got yesterday and I have another project that is time sensitive! Part 2 is coming! 

Hope you have a great weekend!  
Thank you for reading - Lisa






Comments

  1. What a great plan for shirts, to save them for memories. I wondered what you would do with the button plackets! Great idea I saw someone using them in a skirt the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White