PDF pattern bought - what next

Hi Everyone,

I am just dropping in to discuss .pdf patterns! I buy them all the time from clothes, bags, to quilts! Big ones, small ones to little itty bitty ones! I love them all and have them all backed up to the cloud! If you don’t know what a cloud is your hard drive on your computer or tablet!

1.  Depending on where you buy it from you will get the opportunity to download it as soon as you pay! Others sites might send you as email to download!  Don’t wait til later to download it.  Do it as soon as you can! Not going to use it right away, that’s ok, but download it to your storage! I say this because I use all Apple products and I download everything to iBooks!

2. Print it off for some light reading! You might find that cute bag is not as easy as you thought or you need to order interfacing, snaps, buckles, or more fabric! But read it!

3. Look at and cut out the pattern pieces and make sure they are all there! What do I mean? Well, you might find the pattern designer gave you a template for the interfacing but not the actual bag! Add 1/4 to interfacing for bag pattern! Hello, I just paid a designer money for a pattern and I have to make my own template! Yep! Happens a lot and some people get stopped right there! Not me I create the pattern piece, but truly I was not happy about it!

A. Tape, (just a little piece), the interface pattern to a piece of blank paper!

B.  Use a ruler that has 1/4 markings and a pencil!  First I draw the top and bottom lines, then the sides. Either way will work! If you can’t see the line of the other pattern mark a little line, (after your done erase those lines)!


C.  Peel the smaller pattern off the pattern! Transfer any marking! Cut it out! Now you have a complete pattern you can use over and over again!






4. Now staple a baggy to the last page of the directions!


5.  Staple all of the directions to the last page!



See not to the ziplock bag!

6. Now I made two patterns, so each gets its own bag!


7. Put those two bags inside the big bag! If you do only one pattern. You don’t need the extra bags!

8.  Now you will be ready to make the pattern when you want!

I hope this helps you if you are new to PDF Patterns! Let me know! Leave a comment!

Thank you for reading along and if you like these directions! Create and be unique - Lisa





Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White