Selfish Sewing Week Day 2 & 3

Day 2 & 3

Birch Fabrics makes beautiful fabrics that are wonderful for sewing! I am loving working with them this week.

Today I made a clutch purse using "Elk Grove Patchwork", a fat quarter of Kona solid fabric, white Aurifil 50 wt. thread, and the
Pretty Little Framed Purse Tutorial again. The tutorial has directions for both a coin and clutch framed purse. I recommend it highly for making both projects!

Elk Grove Patchwork
Elk Grove
Birch Fabrics

The tutorial calls for a 10" square to be folded in half to make the clutch but with directional fabrics, the back ends up being upside down. I fussy cut (2) pieces 5 1/2" x 10 1/2" (so it has a little extra), then I sewed the two bottoms halves together to make one piece. I then cut it down to a 10" square, so when it is folded it will have the two tops, and both sides are right-side up.

Side 1

Side 2

I used this lovely green/blue Kona solid for the inside!

I sewed the frame with Aurifil 12 wt., a gray variegated thread #4670!

Tip: After sewing the fabric to the frame on one side for 3 hours, I decided it might be easier to sew the thread through the metal frame only and glue the fabric to the frame. The glued side only took about an hour and most of it was drying time!


I tried to load this post on Tuesday but Google is not cooperating. On Wednesday, I will not be sewing but taking a selfish day to learn how to make cheese!

Thank you for stopping by!
Until next time
Create and be unique!
Lisa

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop