The challenge by the Fat Quarter Shop was to make something you haven't made before. I decided I would reduce the size of the pattern from charm squares (5") to use Moda mini charms (2 1/2") and make a quilted pillow!
17" x 17"
Fabric: Hubba Hubba, Me and My Sister Designs Moda Mini Charms
Thread: My favorite - Aurifil White #2024
I always see beautiful quilted pillows everywhere but never made one. So happy I did because now I will be making them throughout the house!
Free Pattern available Color of My Heart Quilt Pattern
Daniar, Fat Quarter Shop, asks each blogger to answer a few questions. So, here goes!
1. How did you start quilting/sewing?
I had always wanted to learn but had no one to teach me. Roughly about seven years ago, (I am lousy about time), I met a local quilt shop owner Michelle Hill who told me she would help me learn. From there I began looking for tutorial on the internet and reading books and trying new techniques.
2. When was the first time you knew that you were a quilter?
I entered the county fair and won "Best of Show" before that no one really took me serious as a quilter including myself. Lots of mistakes but some great fun. Never be afraid of trying new things.
3. Do you have any sewing/quilting horror stories or Faux pas?
Does sewing the tablecloth to my quilt count? Spent an hour picking it out! Distracted sewing!
4. What advice would you give to someone who's just starting out sewing/quilting?
- Read your sewing machine manual from cover to cover.
- Look up anything you don't understand on the internet.
- Buy quality fabric (on sale, it is no more expensive than the bargain stores)!
- Get a 1/4 foot for your sewing machine!
Most important Keep trying!
My beautiful visitor showed up last night
She is quite happy with my new pillow!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Create and be unique!