Saturday, March 3, 2012

A funny thing with patches

This morning I sit down at my sewing machine to work on the binding for the baby quilt I have been working on, and here comes my husband with his old jean jacket with a hole in it. I asked what happened to it and found out it got hung up on barbed wire. "Please patch it", I look at him because he knows I have wanted to throw it away. "Get those old jeans, the pair with the holes in them and cut me a big square". "My favorite jeans"? "Yep" (so I got rid of something I wanted thrown away). Among other things my husband is a 45 year old college student, so now he will where this on his back until it rots off, he loves that old jacket and I love him.

Got a funny you want to share? Love to hear it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my father. He has old jeans with holes in them. He came to me and asked me to stitch them up I gave him THE look and handed him the needle and thread. He knows how to darn...he's a big man...=he can do it himself.

    ReplyDelete

I love a two way conversation! Comments are appreciated!