Giveaway Closed Winner Lou
When I got the opportunity to make a pattern designed by Madam Samm of Sew We Quilt I jumped at the chance! I just love participating in the blog hops originating from her blog. The her Tammy Bag is gorgeous and just what I need to keep my Aurifil 12 wt. thread in with my little needle book and scissor case!
These are my three fabrics I chose to make the "Tammy Bag". I wanted a medium to large print (Beachfront Cottage by RJR Fabrics) for my outside (to stitch on) and a contrasting print (marbly fabric by Northcott) for the inside. The diamond gold fabric (Hoffman California International Fabrics) is my rebellion from the pattern for the piping on the outside pockets. I have had these fabrics in my stash for about 4 or 5 years.
Do you ever save fabric you love to find just the right project for it? I am hoping this will be beautiful! I love the seashells!
This will be one of the outside pockets when I am done. Just so you know I will not do the whole block just a few areas.
Can you see the movement with just a few stitches add?
So for next month see if you can find these items and we will begin the "Stitch on Prints Series"!
1. Medium to Large Print piece of fabric.
2. Some thread - 12 wt. Aurifil would be great but any cotton purl or even embroidery floss. (You do not need a lot of colors to start just something that matches the design you want to highlight on your print).
3. A needle! I have been using a tapestry needle.
4. An embroidery hoop
5. A pair of scissors
I sure hope you join me
Now for the May GIVEAWAY
Since we are just getting started I thought I would share this great sewing kit! It is in a tough little case that snaps shut with Chevrons on it! Love it! I bought one for myself and one for the winner!
1. Open to everyone, International welcome, (if you are no-reply leave an e-mail or you can't win).
2. Answer these questions in one comment: How old is the oldest piece of fabric in your stash and what are you saving it for?
3. If you are a follower of this blog you get an additional chance! Please make a second comment! New followers are always welcome!
That makes (2) possible comments per person, anymore and I have to delete them!
(You can edit a comment after you post it)!
The one winner will receive a new unopened sewing kit like the one above!
Starts May 30, 2013 and ends Thursday, June 6, 2013
Thank you for stopping by "In The Boon Docks" and until we meet again
create and be unique! Lisa
Giveaway Closed! Winner Lou