Treasure Hunting

One Person Trash Can Be Another's Treasure!

I love to go to Flea Markets, garage/yard sales,
antique malls, and sometimes
just a stand on the side of the road.

The hunt for something
is just as much fun
as the find!

These are the items
I found this past weekend.


I really love this quilt!
The woman I bought it from
said it was a "Summer Quilt"!
It has no batting between
the front and the back!
I brought it home washed it up
and put it on my side of the bed!


It is all hand sewn!

Paid $25


I found this beautiful old
sewing box (it has a little damage
the side handles seem to break
on these boxes)
in the back corner of
a booth full of all kinds of things.
Nothing was marked or
organized.

For me that means either
they bargain or you get eBay prices!
You never know unless you ask!


(Also shown in the first photo)
When I did she started fumbling with her phone!
So, I made her a quick offer of $20
and she took it!
I got home and looked on eBay
and what do you know
they sell for around $150 - $200
made in the 1940's!
(happy dance)

Mccoy Pottery stand for large planter like
this Jardiniere Planter - Quilted Tufted Leaves
Problem is I don't have the planter!
So now I am on the lookout!

It is in perfect shape!

Sometimes it's a great deal
but you have no use for it!
Keep that in mind
when your on the hunt!

I think I brought in three treasures!
What about you?
Do you like to hunt for treasure?

Thanks for stopping by!
Lisa

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa. I absolutely love looking for treasures in odd places. My favorite place to hunt is at estate sales. Sometimes you can find some very nice pieces at great prices. A couple of weeks ago I went to one that was selling items from a sewing room. A lady got there before I did and managed to get the biggest part of it. She had tons of quilt tops that the lady had started but didn't get to finish. It actually made me feel a little sad.
    I have a sewing box like the one you have, but mine isn't that old. I got mine from Sears about 20 years ago. I really like it because it holds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice treasures. I love to treasure hunt. Hubby hates it when I do but I still do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a score! LOVE that quilt & totally adore (& a little bit jealous) of that fab sewing box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous treasures! I found a similar sewing box on an online auction here in SA and had my dad do the little bits to fix it too :) They're really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop