Bella Skill Builder Month 5

 


 


June 1st has come and gone! Life has got me in a tangle so I am a little late but it is time for Month 5 of Bella Skill Builder Quilt Along over at the Fat Quarter Shop Bella Skillbuilder Quilt Month 5 Sherri Mconnell Bella Solids Moda Fabrics! Month 5 has us making half square triangles using 3" Half Square Triangle Paper Triangles on a Roll #H300 | Fat Quarter Shop! Did you know you can make 600 perfect 3" half square triangles from one roll! I love using them, it is fast and quick!

Facebook: The Fat Quarter Shop now has a Facebook Group for you to share photos of your blocks with other quilters! I just signed up! I cannot wait to see the color combinations all of you are using! Just for fun join us!

Get the kit: Bella Skillbuilder Quilt Kits!

Video: Sherri McConnell from A Quilting Life walks you through the perfect and perfectly accurate Half Square Triangle block in this YouTube video! Using the 3" Half Square Triangle Paper Triangles on a Roll #H300 | Fat Quarter Shop

Pattern: June’s free pattern block is Half Square Triangles

Supplies: Fabrics: Bella Solids Kiwi Yardage SKU# 9900-189 , Bella Solids Amelia Orange Yardage SKU# 9900-161 , Bella Solids Ash Yardage SKU# 9900-317 Thread: 50wt Aurifil Dove 100% Cotton Mako Spool Thread Aurifil #MK50-2600

I got this new sewing tool called Clover Roll and Press Clover #7812CV ! It works great when you are chain piecing! Do you line up your seams for the next piecing, as you go? Of course, when I am done I still iron the completed block. Old habits die hard!

 

My tip: If you are going to do quality work that will last a lifetime, invest in the fabric and thread! Quilt shop quality fabrics are available at local quilt stores or online! I use Aurifil Threads on all my quilts! It is available at local quilt stores or online at Fat Quarter Shop

 

Be sure to check out all the Bella Skill Builder Bloggers throughout the next 9 months for more Skillbuilder fun!

Thank you for dropping in and come back anytime! I got back home and have been sick in bed with the worst chest cold I have had in years. Lisa

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop