Linen or Not

Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse

I have looked for a linen tablecloth in thrift shops for months. I cannot justify the cost of linen until I am a better sewist. I found one for $5.00 at the local thrift store here in Ky. Now to cut it up and making pouches and see how I like working with it. If it is not really linen please tell me so!

I am in love Type, by Julia Rothman, Windham W Fabrics! I spent 10 years as a Yeoman (secretary) in the US Navy and typed on a typewriter just like that one back in the 1980's.

The butterflies are so pretty in Metro, Half Moon Modern, Moda. Both lines went so well with my cut up tablecloth don't you think?


Thank you for stopping by "In The Boon Docks" temporarily displaced in Kentucky. Please keep praying for a health Mommy and Baby! Forever Sewing, Lisa!

Comments

  1. So cute! Love the juxtaposition of drool worthy fabrics and upcycled materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling bags, I remember those old typewriters and then lucky me, I got an electric typewriter. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop