Fabric Fast 2014
I've decided I need to have a 'fabric intervention' with myself. I have to STOP hoarding and START sewing with what I already have! Therefore, I am going to join in with Fabriholics Anonymous!
Hello my name is Lisa and I am a Fabriholic! The Fabric Fast program is outlined over at Making Rebecca Lynne so go check it out!
Here is a picture of my stash:
(Oh, I am kind of embarrassed to show you just how much stash I have)
These were from two big clearance sales that were waiting for me when we came home from vacation yesterday! I am pretty organized - trying to label each bag with store, fabric name, designer, and manufacturer. But as you can see totes can stack up most of this is stack in our bedroom. My husband got the flu on vacation and came home a day late to more fabric, husband quote "Even at a good deal, it is still to much"! I am in for real!
- To use the stash I already have (to make quilts and other things)
- Aim to finish UFOs and PHDs BEFORE starting something new (I don't have any yet) so finish what I start!
- Stop buying the latest and greatest fabric and save money!!
- Only buy what I need in order to complete specific projects/commissions
- De-stash the fabrics that I realise I am never going to use
- Make a list of all projects that have been started and work through them! (No projects to list but the one I am working on!
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014 [exceptions listed below]
2) At the 6-month mark [July 1, 2014], re-evaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year
3) Create a UFO/PHD list and really try hard to complete them (no list but lots of patterns)
4) Exceptions and allowances:
~ I can buy solids to assist in completing a project
~ I can buy yardage to make a quilt back/bag linings
~ I can use my remaining fabric gift certificates to buy fabric
~ I can still receive my stash club fabrics (currently in one club) which I have already paid for
~ I can still receive the magazine subscription I have already paid for
~ I can purchase necessary notions (thread, zippers, needles etc.) as and when needed
~ I can participate in swaps and bees
I think that covers it!! Fairly reasonable right?!! I have wanted to 'control' my fabric hoarding for a while now but haven't had the willpower. My husband hopes to he offered to spy on me. Hopefully by joining in with other people doing the same thing will keep me focused! The money I save can go towards the something I hope to reward myself with that I am saving for!
Happy hoarding stash busting!!