Lifetime Health Checks


Lifetime Health Checks

Over the last couple weeks and coming months I am having medical checkups to insure I am healthy. So far so good.

I have a great team of doctors who told me it is time for X-rays, GYN Pap, Mammogram, Ultrasounds, Colonoscopy, Radio Frequencies, Nerve Blocks, Trigger Point Injections, and anything else they might think of over the coming months.

Mobility is an ongoing issue for me. I am undergoing procedures to hopefully help increasing it and decrease the amount of medication I take daily . Better mobility means more sewing! Definitely worth it.

During this time I will slowing down a bit in my participation in the Farmer's Wife 1930s Sew along and possibly blogging. I will try to post blocks when I can get them done. This last week (week 6) I didn't completed any blocks. I really missed my sewing time but I did have 2 doctors appointment and a radio frequency procedure on my neck.

I am working on the Addie block so I can participate in Angie's and the Farmer's Wife 1930s Sew Along Bingo Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along Bingo Link Up Party - GnomeAngel, which is open until November 14th. Make sure to link up if you have completed the blocks, she is having a giveaway.

Sharing with you my health is my responsibility to you as a blogger. I am not telling you so you worry! PLEASE do not. Most of these tests should be conducted every couple years for a woman of my age (51). The way the world is today many women may not see the same doctor each time you go to a click or doc-in-the-box or only go when you are already sick. Well Visits are important too! Insurance should not be an issue for not having Mammograms and GYNECOLOGY checkups! If you are a women who had your uterus removed and still have overies you still need to have a GYN appointment every few years to have them checked, this may include having an ultrasound. Call any place in your local phone book that has Womens Health in the title and they will know where you can get them done for free!

I want to go to these two's precious kiddo's graduations, weddings, and enjoy life! Please if it has been over (2) years since you have seen a gynecologist call and get checked out. I am here if you want to talk just leave a comment I want to talk and I'll send you an email or you can email me through my profile. I am not a doctor just a woman!

With much respect - Lisa

 

Comments

  1. Go you! I squeezed a baby outta me two years ago, maybe it is time for another check!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White