Marti Michell Mini Quiltmania
Marti Michell very generously sent all the Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along Bloggers all the sets we would need to make the quilt and so I started using them. I love that you can use the sets separately or combine them to create all kinds of beautiful patterns. It was a so generous of Marti and her company and I am very grateful.
Marti Michell Mini Quilt Blog Hop - GnomeAngel The idea for the mini quiltmania was dreamed up by Angie of Gnome Angel to help the people in the Facebook group (26) Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along learn new ways to use the templates. I am excited and honored to be included as one of the bloggers! Next Friday, 11/4/2016, Marti Michell will be posting an amazing mini!
Fall Pumpkin Mini Quilt
18" high x 18.5" wide
Fabrics - FQ - Magic Meows, Alexander Henry; FQ - Orange black dot, Robert Kaufman; FQ - Orange Camo, Nomad, Urbin Chiks, Moda; FQ - Orange Circles, S'more Love, Cosmo Cricket, Moda; FQ - Orange Squares, FQ - Blue Daisies (Border), 20" x 22" Green Circles (Backing), Pie Making Day, Brenda Ratliff, RJR Fabrics; 1/8 yard unknown for Binding. Tula Pink scrap - Stem and green scrap for leaf Thread - Aurifil 50 wt. Thread #5007, Piecing & Quilting
What you need
Fabrics - (4) Orange fat quarters, (1) 1/2 fq if you want eyes, (1) Border fat quarter, (1) Green scrap for the leaf, (1) scrap for the stem, 1/8 yard for the binding, (1) 20" x 22" backing
Batting - 22" x 20"
Cutting instructions (B Templetes)
B10 - cut (4) of each Orange fabric (if you want eyes use a 5th color and cut (2) replacing two for eyes)
B11 - (4) background fabric, (4) one of each orange fq
B13 - (1) green leaf (1) background
B12 - (1) stem
Cut one background strip the height of B12 x 22", then cut in half
Border - Cut (4) 2" x 22" strips of background fabric
Sewing instructions - use 1/4 seam allowance
1. Sew the (2) B13 together, press seams to left side
2. Sew the B13's to the B12, press seams to left side, sew background strips one on each side, press seams to the left side, this completes Row 1. Do not trim sides yet
3. Half Square Triangles (HST) B11 - sew (1) Background to (1) of orange make 4 sets.
4. Lay out Row 1; Row 2 & 5 - (1) HST, (3) B10, (1) HST; Row 3 & 4 - (5) B10 Note: Arrange orange fabrics to your satisfaction and then sew each row together. Then sew Row 2 to Row 3, Row 4 to Row 5 lining up the squares! So they will line up in columns. The trim Row 1 to the same length as Row 2 and sew together. Lastly sew Row 3 to Row 4!
5. Borders - sew 2" strip - Left side, right side, press to the outside (right side), trim; top, bottom, press, trim. This completes your "Fall Pumpkin Mini top!
If you make one and have any trouble with my directions just email me email@example.com and I will gladly assist you!
Tip on binding a mini quilt - After you have quilted your mini, sew on the binding before trimming. Trim afterwards!
I know other people read this blog besides the ones this mini is directed at so if you are interested in templetes From Marti Michell: Basic Template Sets
As you can see each set comes with quite a few templates! What I love is the big ones have a hole in which to attach them together! I bought the metal rings at a hardware store for $.50 a piece! They are excellent to cut with and line up each time to sew together. I bought a few more specialty templates and look forward to buying the encyclopedias with hundreds of patterns!
✦ Make your own Marti Michell Mini Quilt and win!
Create your fabulous mini quilt using any of the bloggers patterns and Marti Michell Perfect Patchwork Template Sets A, B, N, D and S.
HOW DO YOU ENTER?
HOW DO I WIN?
So grab you templetes and get busy, you can win this!
Thank you for stopping by and seeing what I've made I am excited to see what all of you make! - Lisa