New England Motel Sew Along


New England Motel Sew Along
With

The sew along was fun and I really enjoyed using the pattern!
 If you want to look at some blocks and finished quilts
check out the hashtag #newenglandmotelsal on Instagram!



After printing the pattern I used a ruler to add a 1/4” 
and the recommend 1/2” on some sides!
This really helped when it came to trimming the blocks!


I have used Carol Doak’s 
Foundation Paper from the 
Fat Quarter Shop for about 5 years!



Print a block at a time (2 of each)
or print a bunch and trim them but I
recommend one block at a time!


Get started  - I found the 
Sewline Glue Pen is best to glue that 1st piece on.
(So worth the money)

True story - I couldn’t find my Sewline so I used a kids glue stick! 
Nightmare, it really slowed me down when
I was removing the papers!



Marking and using scrap bins, where really helpful.



Lots of Heather Ross fabric is being used!



I numbered my pieces to kept track of the outside pieces!


Here you see the 1/2” added (make sure you add it to you masters!


Here is a good look at making the stars!



I pulled the papers off the back at my granddaughter’s birthday party!


The 
(Link above)
By Brimfield Awakening 
Is great for beginners and experienced quilters!
I recommend it!

I didn’t finish mine yet, but I plan on it soon!

Live you life happily,
Lisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White