Jolly Bar Quilt Along Week 1 - Treasure Trove Block 1



Hello and Welcome to
In The Boon Docks my name is Lisa Johnson
I’ll be sewing along over the next 8 weeks to make a Tablerunner!

I want to thank the 
for letting me participate in this 
Quilt Along and being one of the bloggers

Read all about the quilt along on the 
Jolly Jabber

Today begins Week 1 of the 
You can click on the above link to get block 
dates and fabric requirements!

To do these blocks you will need the book

This weeks block is 
Treasure Trove
Page 66


Here is mine using 
This fabric screams Spring to me!
I love it!
First I sorted out my Jolly Bar by color family!



This helps you choose which ones you will use in the block
Choose (8) 
 (if you have 4 color families such as I did, 2 of each)!
If you look at the center of the finished block it should have 
all (8) fabrics in it!
That is how I knew I did it right.



The Perfect 10 ruler is great for cutting
 half inches and inches up to 10”s!
It makes cutting a breeze!



Cutting instructions in the book is for a full quilt not just one block!
For one block you are going to take those (8) blocks and cut: 

A - 1
B - 1
C -1

From your background fabric:

D - 8
F - 8

Then proceed to put them together as described in the book! 


They chain piece easily together!
The block is easy to do and looks beautiful when done!


See you next Week when we sew Homecoming!

Bloggers quilting along with the Fat Quarter Shop




I hope I helped you some!
Create and be unique!
Lisa

Post on Instagram and use the hashtag #jollybar3qal
So we can see each others work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

April Showers Blog Hop

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White